Saturday, September 22, 2007

Blog Reflection

I enjoyed reading the articles on blogging and have to say I agree with many of the points. As stated in the article, Blogging? It's Elementary, My Dear Watson!, students write better when they have a real audience. In The Education Blogosphere: Blogs and Wikis, another point mentioned is that blogging is a great collaboration tool. Ultimately, blogging offers a type of authentic communication where students and teachers can not only share but also respond to each other's blog.

I have to say that I am sold on the idea of using blogs for classroom use. After creating my own blog for the first time ever, I can envision using this technology with my students. Blogspot is so easy to use! It can be implemented at all grade levels. I can't wait to introduce my students to this.

I really like the fact that it is interactive. Blogging breaks down the walls that surrounds classrooms. Students, teachers and parents can log on to view or communicate. The only problems I see would be the existence of digital inequity. Digital inequity seems to be one of the biggest problems surrounding technology in schools. Those students and families that have computers at home can access the classroom blog as apposed to this students and their families who did not have access.

2 comments:

Nan Lujan said...

It is great that they have included research on blog effectiveness. It's important that we use research based tools with students. Good luck in your attempts to use blogging with your students. Keep us up to date!

John said...

nice information and thanks for sharing useful information.
- Web Development Company